CLEAN will advocate for clean air, clean water, and neighborhoods to be free of toxins and pollution!
To protect our air, water, and natural resources from toxins & pollution.
To merge policy, legal, media coverage, community organizing, and advocacy to protect our communities from contamination.
To bring together diverse community members who are directly affected by environmental contamination – to provide the tools and resources so that they can defend themselves from polluters.
Our Guiding Values
Grassroots environmental movement that will include organizing power – to contribute in helping to create a sustainable environmental movement to protect working class and middle class communities.
Our Distinctive Characteristics
- Led by minority community members
- Social justice
- Community empowerment
- Coalition builders – with well-established non-profit groups & environmental justice and mainstream environmental non-profits
- Solution Oriented
- Community driven
- Committed to social change
- Legal expertise
- Policy know-how
- Community organizing strategies to be implemented
- Develop an effective network of key environmental players
- Develop and implement a membership plan
- Advocacy to change policies at the local, state, and national level
To focus on influencing key policy bodies such as South Coast Air Quality Management District (AQMD), Air Resources Board (ARB), Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC), Safe Drinking Water Act, National Environmental Policy Act, and The Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board To help protect and update policies and laws within California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and others that protect our natural resources at the local, state, and federal level.